Introduce back to school concepts of names, classroom rules, sounds, feelings, schedules, school workers, and making friends with the Beginning of the Year Little Books For Big Thinkers book set bundle.
WHAT IS LITTLE BOOKS FOR BIG THINKERS?
Little Books For Big Thinkers is a book series designed specifically for early learners. It covers common early childhood themes presented in developmentally appropriate texts. Little Books For Big Thinkers is inclusive of all learners. Lucy from The Alternative Way to Pre-K and I came together to create books that could supplement the books given to us by our curriculum. Lucy uses, and I used to use, the Creative Curriculum in our classes and realized quickly that most of the books were not appropriate for our preschool self-contained classes. So not only can these books be used in any preschool classroom, we also aligned them to Creative Curriculum studies. Each purchase from Little Books For Big Thinkers comes with one book with typical text and pictures, one book with symbol text version that includes supporting visuals. Each book can be used in the classroom, online, or at home.
These little books are perfect for any little learner. We kept the language very general and simple so you can use this with a wide range of learners. You can use these books as a large group read aloud, in small groups, virtually during distance learning and so much more!
If you use the , these books align perfectly with the Beginning of the Year Study. We would recommend using these alongside the books that the Creative Curriculum provides, or using them to replace those books. This depends on your student’s reading comprehension skills levels.
We are both familiar with, and have used, the Creative Curriculum in our preschool special education classrooms. We would typically spend 1-2 weeks on each focus question. We wrote one book for each focus question.
- We recommend using the books as read alouds as if you were in the classroom. You can screenshare the book and go through it with your whole class or in small groups. You can also print and prep the books and read them to your students during your virtual meetings.
- We recommend sharing these books with your students and their families via whatever online platform you are using (Google Classroom, Seesaw, Schoology, etc.) so that they can read and review them on their own time.
- Names at School Social Story – Little Books For Big Thinkers
- Sad and Scared at School Social Story – Little Books For Big Thinkers
- School and Classroom Rules Social Story – Little Books For Big Thinkers
- School Schedule Social Story – Little Books For Big Thinkers
- Who Works At School Social Story – Little Books For Big Thinkers
- Making Friends at School Social Story – Little Books For Big Thinkers
- Sounds You Hear At School Social Story – Little Books For Big Thinkers
The Beginning of the Year School Stories Bundle exclusively offers all stories in boom card format. That means, students can have each beginning of the year social story read to them and at their own pace. The students will be able to listen to each story with automatic sound. They will also be able to click the button when they are ready for the next page, developing their independence skills! To preview click here: https://wow.boomlearning.com/store/bundle/NWTiJZ4sDqTy9q6Zt?ref=self
HOW TO PREP THE BOOKS:
Method 1: Bind the book with a binding machine and coils
Method 2: Put each page in a sheet protector and use binder rings to hold them together
Method 3: Use a portfolio cover and print the pages on normal paper
Method 4: Use the Happy Planner rings
Method 5: Simply print and staple!